Alyson MacMullan, of Peak Retail Group, is writing an 8-part series of holiday tips to help retail businesses meet their sales goals. Alyson’s’ expertise lies in inventory planning and management, sales forecasting and cash flow management which are the building blocks of a successful retail business.
Holiday Tip #4
Courteous demeanors are replaced by carnal survival instincts during the holiday time period!
The best thing you can do for your customers is to create a stress free environment.
To follow are a few suggestions:
– Free gift wrapping
– Extended convenient hours FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS
– Free shipping on purchases over $X (to be safe, shipping cutoff is Dec 15th for X-Mas Eve arrival)
– Pre-wrapped gifts on hot sellers
– Drop off locations for food/toy drives
– Offer to mail a card purchased in the store
– Curate an assortment for hard to shop for people (ex: men, teachers, co-workers)